Friday, March 4, 2011

The Last Supper :(

I have decided to join my sister, Angie @ Oh How Delightful!, on her weight loss journey. Not only are we doing this to better ourselves...but we gotta look freakin' awesome in our bridesmaid dresses for our cousin's wedding in September. And time-is-a-tickin! 

Not to mention, we are both genitically predisposed to being overweight or obese or having diabetes down the road. Awesome. 

So last night (Thursday) I went out with a bang and said a tearful goodbye to all that is golden, fried, and delicious. The hardest part of all of this is giving up soda. I don't even drink that much to begin with. But just the thought of life without soda...well...waaaaaaaaahhhh!!

The Last Supper.
Don't worry...I didn't eat all of it!
Pretty sure I went in to a food coma after I ate.

So today (Friday) I took my measurements. That's right. Read 'em & weep. Cuz I sure did! All I gotta say is...UGH.


We are gonna get those ugly numbers down!!

And to kick start it all...I rode my bike 7.3 miles today! The weather was so warm and sunny! Almost 80 degrees! Here's some random pics from today!

My Beach Cruiser ♥
Attempting to take a pic while riding. Durrr.
I Love Arizona :)
Cactus...Our State Flower! Ha!

I'm SO excited to begin this journey! It's gonna have its ups and downs. And it's gonna be harder for me than the average person because I gotta live with hypothyroidism. But I won't let that get me down. I've lost 20lbs before, and I know I can do it again (plus more) with the right motivation! 

And with that said...if anyone has any comments or suggestions to help me along the way, it would be much appreciated! :)

11 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome! I also think you look great & don't need to lose anything, but it seems like you're truly doing it for YOU & that's what really matters.

    Good luck along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!! I too am on the weight loss journey :) Look forward to seeing your progress... p.s. your bike is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a soda addict, well Coca Cola. I just can't stop drinking it.I'm also trying to loose weight, I'm going to be a bridesmaid in Nov for my cousins wedding.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that there is food from more than one fast food joint! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food photo is delightful. :) I am ashamed to admit how much I love McDonald's french fries. And soda. And their fish fillets. McDonald's rocks.

    Secondly, I never made the connection that Angie is your sister! I discovered both of your blogs within a day or two of each other and I didn't realize until I read this post that she is your sister! No wonder I like you two so much! There is something so comfortable and likeable about you two! :)

    I'm super inspired to follow along on this journey for both of you; if you are honestly looking for a way to stay motivated while tracking your progress, then without a doubt, start taking before/after photos. I know it sounds silly, but it totally works, assuming you are committed to eating healthy and working out daily. I did this when I wanted to drop weight and every Sunday morning, I took photos in my bikini - just simple front, side and backside photos. The following Sunday, same time, took updated photos (in the same bikini). I kept these photos in a folder on my computer and I swear to you, I saw results each week. Seeing these changes in a still-photo with my own eyes (even when I didn't really notice it daily) was a HUGE motivating factor and kept me amped to stick with it (for the record, I did this for two months straight and dropped 18 pounds). Try it...and let me know your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you. Happy weekend wishes from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bike is soo adorable. Best of luck with the challenge. With you already being so organized, I don't think you should have any problems at all :) Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we lose any motivation, at least we have each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you really did go all out, including food from different restaurants hehe - I'm sure you guys will motivate each other and get those numbers down :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from Weekend Wander. I'm a new follower. I think you look gorgeous! Predisposition to diabetes is no fun. I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies. You didn't list your height but we have similar numbers. I'm sure I'm much older. I should pretend I'm in your cousin's wedding because I need motivation to lose weight.
    Come enter my TinyGoatStudios giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh cutie pie on her bicycle! Super cute! xox!

    ReplyDelete